Follistim is a follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) medication. Follistim is an injectable medication used to stimulate healthy ovaries to produce eggs. Your doctor will prescribe Follistim to be used either with artificial insemination or with Assisted Reproductive Technologies. You will be monitored with vaginal ultrasounds during your course of medication for the purpose of determining how many follicles are growing and how they’re maturing.
Be sure that you read, understand, and follow the “Patient Instructions for Use” that come with Follistim AQ Cartridge.
Use Follistim AQ Cartridge exactly as your healthcare provider tells you to.
Your healthcare provider will tell you how much Follistim AQ Cartridge to use, how to inject it, and how often it should be injected.
Do not inject Follistim AQ Cartridge at home until your healthcare provider has taught you the right way to put the cartridge and pen device together and to inject yourself.
Do not mix any other medicines into the cartridge.
Do not change your dose o fFollistim AQ Cartridge unless your healthcare provider tells you to.
Call your healthcare provider immediately if you use too much Follistim AQ Cartridge.
If you miss or forget to take a dose, do not double your next dose. Ask your healthcare provider for nstructions.
Use Follistim AQ Cartridge only with the Follistim Pen.
Do not use the Follistim Pen if you are blind or visually impaired unless you have assistance from an individual with good vision who is trained in the right way to use the pen.
Do not re-use the BDMicro-Fine TM Pen Needle.
Your healthcare provider will do blood and urine hormone tests while you are taking Follistim AQ Cartridge. Make sure you follow-up with your healthcare provider to have your blood and urine tested when told to do so.
Do not take Follistim AQ Cartridge if you are a Woman or Man who:
- is allergic to recombinant human FSH products
- has a high level of FSH in your blood indicating that your ovaries (women only) or testes (men only) may be permanently damaged and do not work at all
- has uncontrolled thyroid, pituitary, or adrenalgl and problems
- is allergic to streptomycinorneomycin (typesofantibiotics)
- has a tumor of the hypothalamus, pituitary gland, breast, uterus(women only), ovary (women only), or testis (menonly)
Do not take Follistim AQ Cartridge if you are a Woman who:
- is pregnant or think you maybe pregnant
- has heavy or irregular vaginal bleeding and the cause is not known
- has ovarian cysts or enlarged ovaries, not due to polycystic ovary syndrome PCOS)
Talk to your healthcare provider before taking this medicine if you have any of the conditions listed above.
Before you take Follistim AQ, tell your healthcare provider if you:
- have an increased risk of blood clots (thrombosis)
- have ever had a blood clot (thrombosis), or any one in your immediate family has ever had a blood clot (thrombosis)
- had stomach (abdominal) surgery
- had twisting of your ovary (ovariantorsion)
- had or have a cystin your ovary
- have polycystic ovary disease
- have any other medical conditions
- are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. It is not known if the medicine in Follistim AQ Cartridge passes into your breast milk. You and your healthcare provider should decide if you will take Follistim AQ Cartridge or breastfeed. You should not do both.
Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
Know the medicines you take. Keep a list of them and show your healthcare provider and pharmacist when you get a new medicine.